Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Ouch--that hurts!!

A couple nights ago I was driving my older daughter Tiana, and her friend, to a video store. From the back seat, she said, "Dad, you know in the rear view mirror, you really look a lot like grandpa." Well, I was stunned that Tiana, who very rarely makes any kind of observation in the first place, should have observed that. It did make me feel very old. I'm 52 and my dad is 77, has Parkinsons, and probably looks even older. I attributed part of it to the fact that I had just shaved and for the first time in quite a while, didn't have a moustache or beard. But I've always felt much younger than my actual age and probably thought deep down inside, that I looked younger, too. Well, Tiana has burst my bubble and put the lie to any illusions I was under. It's depressing....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No I said you look like him because if your eyes, mouth, and nose.
P.s. you look younger than you really are.

-Tiana